If you are a fan of building Lego© models or letting your imagination run wild, this volunteer role is for you!
Every Tuesday and Saturday throughout the summer holidays, we will be running brick building sessions where members of the public can create their own versions of Suffolk landmarks and landscpaes out of Lego© Bricks. The creations will be added to our special map of Suffolk. The sessions run from ten unitl four and partcipants will book in advance.
As a Brick Building Event volunteer you will be assisting the event manager to prepare the room for each session, sign in prebooked participants, and encourage people to create their favourite places in Suffolk.
There will be three sessions: 10:00-11:45, 12:00-13:45, and 14:00-15:45. You can decide which session you would like to volunteer for and the specifc dates you are available. The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will organise adding your preferrences to the event volunteer rota.
You can view the full public events programme on our Ticketsource page here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/ipswich/the-hold
- Give a warm welcome
- Work with the event manager to set up the event, this could range from setting out the room, prepping materials to displaying event signage.
- Orientate visitors and let people know what is happening at the event.
- Support the risk assessment by monitoring health and safety requirements, i.e. removing obstacles, checking the number of people in a room or telling people of things to be aware of, such as steps.
- Helping participants during the sessions and encouraging creativity.
- Checking tickets.
Why get involved?
- Enjoy being part of a team and delivering a quality event.
- Receive training and develop your skills.
- Be part of varied and exciting events.
- Travel expenses can be reimbursed.
How to get involved?
- Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept the challenge.
- Await a response from Suffolk Archives with more information.