Suffolk Archives will be showcasing a range of films from the latest blockbusters to family favorites in The Hold’s auditorium on Saturday mornings. The films featured will complement the exhibition themes and seasonal celebrations with the Lego© Movies being our first selection in celebration of our Brick History exhibition.
We will also be hosting a variety of activities on Saturdays including our How To sessions and workshops with local artists.
We are looking for a team of volunteers to help us run our Saturday events programme: greeting participants, setting up for and assisting the activities, and checking tickets and showing people to their seats.
You can even stay to watch the film once you have finished volunteering if you wish!
You can view our full public events programme on our Ticketsource page here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/ipswich/the-hold
Once you have signed up for the challenge, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will get in touch with you to organise adding your preferred dates to the events volunteer rota.
- Give a warm welcome.
- Work with the event manager to set up the event, this could range from setting up the room and equipment or displaying event signage.
- Showing guests to their seats.
- Helping to facilitate the activities during the event.
- Orientate visitors and let people know what is happening at the event.
- Support the risk assessment by monitoring health and safety requirements, i.e. removing obstacles, checking the number of people in a room or telling people of things to be aware of, such as steps.
- Support the marshaling of the car park.
- Checking tickets.
Why get involved?
- Enjoy being part of a team and delivering a quality event.
- The opportunity to stay and watch a film in our auditorium.
- Receive training and develop your skills.
- Be part of varied and exciting events.
- Travel expenses can be reimbursed.
How to get involved?
- Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept the challenge.
- Await a response from Suffolk Archives with more information.
- Customer Service
- Event Stewarding
- Hands-on and practical work
- Giving a warm welcome
- Team work
- Effective Communicator
- Community Engagement
- Creative and Arts
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- I'm based near Ipswich