Every Wednesday throughout the summer holidays (28th July to 25th August 2021) The Hold will be hosting exciting events designed for children ages 5-11. Event themes and activities are based on current exhibitions, seasons, and national holidays - our first series of activities are inspired by our Brick History exhibition.
We need a team of friendly volunteers to successfully help us to deliver the family events - you could be assisting participants complete activities, greeting people as they arrive, or directing guests arriving by car to the car park.
You can view the full events programme and find out specific dates on our Ticketsource page: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/ipswich/the-hold
The activities run throughout the day and you can decide whether you would like to volunteer for a full or half day.
Once you have signed up for this challenge, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will be in contact and will organise for you to add your preferred dates and times to the rota.
- Give a warm welcome
- Work with the event manager to set up the event, this could range from setting out the room, prepping materials to displaying event signage.
- Help participants during the event and encouraging creativity.
- Orientate visitors and let people know what is happening at the event.
- Support the risk assessment by monitoring health and safety requirements, i.e. removing obstacles, checking the number of people in a room or telling people of things to be aware of, such as steps.
- Support the marshaling of the car park.
- Checking tickets.
Why get involved?
- Enjoy being part of a team and delivering a quality event.
- Receive training and develop your skills.
- Be part of varied and exciting events.
- Travel expenses can be reimbursed.
How to get involved?
- Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept the challenge.
- Await a response from Suffolk Archives with more information.
- Customer Service
- Event Stewarding
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Hands-on and practical work
- Giving a warm welcome
- Team work
- Creative and Arts
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- I'm based near Ipswich