The Lates events are Thursday evening events for people 18 years old and over and allow participants to experience our archives in a completely new light. Every month we will putting on fun-filled evenings with exciting themes and activites.
As a Thursday Lates Event volunteer you will be helping to facilitate the evening's activites, signposting guests to the activity areas, greeting guests and signing them in.
Our first Lates event will be: Mystery Build with Lego© Bricks - 29/07/2021
You can view the full public events programme on Ticketsource page here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/ipswich/the-hold
Once you have accepted the challenge, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will be in touch and organise adding your preffered dates to the event volunteers rota.
- Give a warm welcome.
- Help to facilitate the evening's activites/workshops.
- Work with the event manager to set up the event, this could range from setting out the room, prepping materials to displaying event signage.
- Orientate visitors and let people know what is happening at the event.
- Support the risk assessment by monitoring health and safety requirements, i.e. removing obstacles, checking the number of people in a room or telling people of things to be aware of, such as steps.
- Support the marshaling of the car park.
- Checking tickets.
Why get involved?
- Enjoy being part of a team and delivering a quality event.
- Receive training and develop your skills.
- Be part of varied and exciting events.
- Travel expenses can be reimbursed.
How to get involved?
- Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept the challenge.
- Await a response from Suffolk Archives with more information.
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Event Stewarding
- Giving a warm welcome
- Team work
- Eye for detail
- Effective Communicator
- Community Engagement
- Creative and Arts
- Event & Project Management
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- I'm based near Ipswich