Suffolk Archives is establishing a varied and exciting exhibtion and display programme across all three of our branches. We are looking for volunteers to take on the challenge of helping us with creative, and practical tasks as we prepare our Spring 2020 exhibtion at The Hold in Ipswich.
This challenge will be based at Ipswich Record Office, with opportunties to work at Lowestoft and Bury St Edmunds branches as and when needed.
Support our exhibition preparations through tasks such as:
- Photographing objects and documents
- Measuring and condition checking objects and documents
- Preparing audio files and oral histories for use through editing and transcription
- Mounting selected objects and documents
- Assisting the Exhibition and Interpretation Officer to develop case layouts
- Researching and writing object labels and image captions
- Preparing display materials
- Assisting in developing durable, family friending gallery interactives
- Opportunities to assist with exhibition install.
Exact tasks will be agreed and explained by the Exhibition and Interpretation Officer.
Why get involved?
Working alongside the Exhibition and Interpretation Officer
- Develop new practical skills, or use your existing experience
- Opportunities to be creative
- Actively contribute to high profile exhibitions and displays
- Work with unique records from Suffolk Archives collection
- Support the Exhibition & Interpretation Officer in curating exhibitions and events at The Hold.
- Support evaluation of the project with requested project information and feedback.
How to get involved?
- Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept the challenge.
- Await a response from Suffolk Archives with more information.
- Design & Illustration
- Working independently
- Hands-on and practical work
- Creative and Arts
- Events and Programming
- Marketing and communications
- Curatorial/Working with Museum or Archive Collection
- Collection Care